I was reading my homework for psychology class recently and came across the following paragraphs. What a precious Lord we have!
"It
should not be difficult to remember that the Lord desires you to lay
your troubles and perplexities at His feet, and leave them there. Go
to Him,
saying, "Lord, my burdens are too heavy for me to carry. Wilt
Thou bear them for me?" And He will answer, "I will take
them. 'With everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee.' I will
take your sins and will give you peace. Banish no longer your
self-respect; for I have bought you with the price of My own blood.
You are Mine. Your weakened will I will strengthen. Your remorse for
sin I will remove." Jesus
loves you, and He has given me a message for you. His great heart of
infinite tenderness yearns over you. He sends you the message that
you may recover yourself from the snare of the enemy. You may regain
your self-respect. You may stand where you regard yourself, not as a
failure, but as a conqueror, in and through the uplifting influence
of the Spirit of God. Take hold of the hand of Christ and do not let
it go. It
is not pleasing to God that you should demerit yourself. You should
cultivate self-respect by living so that you will be approved by your
own conscience and before men and angels. . . . It is your privilege
to go to Jesus and be cleansed, and to stand before the law without
shame or remorse. "There is therefore now no condemnation to
them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but
after the Spirit" (Romans 8:1). While we should not think of
ourselves more highly than we ought, the Word of God does not condemn
a proper self-respect. As sons and daughters of God, we should have a
conscious dignity of character, in which pride and self-importance
have no part." (1MCP
259-260)
No comments:
Post a Comment