This post is long overdue, and I apologize for the delay! This particular tutelarius-in-training has been learning many lessons, some of which will undoubtedly find their way into blogposts eventually. But for this post, I wanted to share some of the canvassing stories I experienced during my recent canvassing trip to Taylor Mill, KY (near Covington, KY and Cincinnati, OH)...
Here is an excerpt from my journal, dated September 25 (2014 of course!):
"I had several beautiful divine
appointments today, and both were in dry cleaners' shops. When I
showed Warren the Great Controversy, he said he was sorry but he was going through a
no-reading slump. He then said that he was trying to read and study
his Bible but was having a hard time of it. He loved the Bible
Answers, and when I asked him if he wanted Bible studies, he
quickly agreed. He said he particularly wanted to study Revelation,
since the Bible promises a blessing to those who study it. After I
left, he came to find me to show me the picture he'd found in the Bible Answers
of Jesus holding the repentant sinner. 'That is the deepest wish of
my heart – to know...' he stopped, about to cry. We went back
inside to pray and he said his two requests were (1) to have true
repentance and to be right with God and (2) for his daughter's
health. I left him with a small Steps to Christ, too. As I finished praying, he said
with tears in his eyes, 'God sent you here today. God sent you
here.' About an hour later I was approaching another dry cleaner's
shop. Just before I went inside, I stopped and asked Jesus to walk in
with me. Barbara was with a customer, but she gave me the once-over
as I walked in the door. As soon as she saw the Peace Above the Storm (Steps to Christ), she wanted it.
As we talked, we covered several of the topics found in the Great Controversy, so I
gave her one and she promised to read it. Finally, with tears in her
eyes, she told me, “You know, normally I would have sent you away
without paying any attention to you. But when you walked through the
door, there was something different about you. And when you started
to talk and showed me your books, it was like I heard the Lord say, 'Barbara, I've answered your prayers, but in a way you didn't
expect.' God sent you here today just when I needed it.' I teared
up, too! And when I told her that I had stopped and prayed outside her door that Jesus would walk inside with me, she got a strange look on her face. 'I think He did,' she said soberly, 'I think that's what was different when you walked in.' "
No comments:
Post a Comment