It has been worth it. Every struggle of the past three years of deaning, has been more than repaid.
Back row, left to right: Pastor Baute, Danielle, Nathan, Pastor Powell.
Front row, left to right: Perlita, Samantha, Sarah, Dino.
On Sabbath, May 24, 2014, these six young people publicly committed their lives to Jesus. Each has a story behind them. Each has a story still to be written. But what made it so special, so rewarding, was being able to watch up close while God worked on the hearts of these youth. I have finished three years of college, and still have two more before I graduate. Sometimes people ask me, "Why are you taking five years instead of four? What's taking you so long?" I just smile. To many people, I'm crazy. They think I'm wasting my time working with spoiled American teenagers. But if this is crazy, I'd rather be crazy than sane! Nothing compares to the joy of watching God transform young hearts and minds! And now there are six more hearts who have yielded to the Lord's control. Six more young people for God to use to turn this sin-sick world upside down with the knowledge of our Savior's matchless love. Six people who have experienced the hand of God on their own hearts and who have an unquenchable thirst to share Him with everyone who will listen.
"Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on!"
No comments:
Post a Comment