Friday, December 20, 2013

Introduction

"What is a tutelarius?" I hear someone asking. A tutelarius is someone charged with keeping, guarding, or protecting someone or something. On a recent mission trip, I was the female staff with several teenage girls to look after. Not a big deal, since as an assistant dean I routinely care for 20+ girls. One day, while taking a break from homework and meeting preparations, the girls and I somehow discovered the word tutelarius and it became my new nickname. "You're our guardian, so we'll call you Miss Tutelarius!" they announced gleefully. "Miss Tutelarius" eventually transitioned to "Miss Tutelary," but the girls got branded as my "tutels"!

So why did I choose the title I did for this blog? Because in reality, every Christian is a tutelarius, a guardian or protector of the faith once delivered to the saints. And I, above all others, need training in this important work! My hope is that by sharing on this blog the ways God is training me (as a guardian of both faith and people) that all who read will be blessed, encouraged, and strengthened in their own walk with God and in their own training, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment